Cumulus Media is seeking a Promotions Director in Des Moines for KGGO, KHKI, KJJY, KWQW and KBGG. Successful candidates will be extremely organized, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and know how to multi-task. Previous experience in event marketing is beneficial and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment is crucial.
Regular duties will include planning and execution of NTR events; writing promotional proposals and recaps; maintaining an accurate and detailed calendar of upcoming appearances, contests, and other cluster events; creating station and client on-air and digital promotions; working with sales, programming and management to maximize revenue, ratings and exposure.
Major Station Sales Events:
National Client Promotions:
Are you a hunter? Do you like working with like-minded sales professionals and managers whose sole focus is finding and closing new customers? If so, read on.
Cumulus is on the lookout for exceptional candidates to help drive the future of local media sales. We provide our teams with a great product to sell, superior training tools, and a sales management system that supports business development and rewards performance. Unlike other media sales organizations, we don't wait for the phone to ring. We target thousands of local companies with a highly tuned business-category focus and we introduce these companies to the power of radio.
Responsibilities include: prospecting/cold calling, setting appointments with prospects, creative client presentations, and achieving a sales quota. Because Cumulus has a systems approach to sales, you must have a deep appreciation for process, performance measurement, employee development, and a results-oriented sales approach.
• New business to business experience preferred with recognition as top-performer
• Minimum of 1 year outside sales experience required; 2 or more years preferred with ability to penetrate new business categories
• Strong understanding of lead generation, CRM and account management
• Cultivation of long standing client relationships
• Media sales background preferred, not required
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet/Intranet)
• Bachelors degree preferred
Our Sales Representative positions enjoy:
• Competitive Commission plan
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package available
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive compensation structure that includes full benefits.
For consideration for this position, please email your resume to: email@example.com
Posted: Feb 11, 2013
Remove: Sep 1, 2013